Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pot 'O Gold

So the other day when I was looking for a "pot of gold" to go with my rainbow project. I ran across my Pampered Chef Mini-Muffin pan and thought, "this looks like a pot. . .I wonder what I could do with this" Well today, I answered myself with this: My Brownie Bite Pot 'O Gold I was feeling hungry and not just for anything but for some sweets. (As is common---just ask my nieces and nephews and they'll tell you I ALWAYS have sweets in my house.. . thankfully I have a treadmill as well!!!) So I thought I could whip up my favorite brownie recipe and bake them in my mini-muffin pan and they would look like little pots. But then what to use for gold?? Hmmm, well my Grandma White makes the most yummy Rocky Road Brownies so I thought, I could just use toasted yellow mini-marshmallows on top. And when I thought of marshmallows, I remembered recently seeing a recipe for Marshmallow Frosting. I decided I needed to try something new so I figured to just go for it and make the frosting. So I headed over to Jonna's blog and made her Marshmallow Frosting and tinted it yellow, then into a ziplock bag it went (with a snipped off corner) and then I frosted my "pots" with some gold. I must admit, they were a bit of work and I wish I could say it was all worth it. I think next time, I'll just try adding those yellow mini-marshmallows and toasting till golden and gooey. But all in all, a fun little project to honor good 'ol St. Patrick.

No comments:

Post a Comment